ZERO, and we have liftoff!
Except we don't.
I guess that was anticlimactic.
Over the last two years I got training for my PPL for gliders. I got the license at the beginning of August last year. I have tons of fun in that glassfiber bird in the thermals.
Winter here has been dreadful this year. I had the impression that sometime around end of October the cloud cover went on and never really went off until towards end of February. Statistics said that we had barely half of the sun hours that are normal for a winter in this region. Since February there have been a few skies that have made me really nervous. Beautiful cumuli (markers for thermals) on blue background. So I was really looking forward to the first flying day in my club. Which was today. Only, we still depend on the weather gods. Who didn't like us today. Rain and a low, overcast cloud ceiling. (Which, nonetheless, looked very intriguing. I think it showed signs of wave activity, which means the low air might have been flyable. Still, soaring is a group activity, and with conditions as they were today there is noch chance to motivate the necessary team to drag everything out and ready the planes.) So no flying for me.
Which means another week of waiting. Oh well, I guess I can handle that.
Current Mood: disappointed